Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Big Reveal


Yesterday we went to the doctor's office for our ultrasound. Baby looks beautifully healthy, praise God! It is so amazing that a whole new person can be formed in 9 months in such a small place. The complexity of the human body is mind boggling, and day after day, healthy babies are born all around the world. God is so good. It is hard to describe how blessed we feel to have our own special little one.

Well, you are probably wondering if we saw what baby's gender is. We did. It's a girl! We are all very happy to have a new little girl for our family. Mama is very excited to buy dresses and bows and Iain is looking forward to holding his baby sister very carefully. Papa is already calculating wedding costs and planning to protect her. :) None of us can wait to meet her.

We haven't decided on her name yet, so we'll keep you posted. I feel her moving all the time and I can't wait until Brian and Iain can feel her too. We are so blessed to have our precious baby girl!

Dear Heavenly Father,
You have been so generous and kind to us. You have given us far beyond what we could imagine or deserve. Thank you for keeping our precious little girl safe and strong. Thank you for giving us our dear son-- protecting and keeping him. Thank you for our family. You are the God of the unexpected, the champion of the weak, the one who turns tragedy to joy and darkness to light. We love You and long to worship You all the days of our lives. Praise Your holy name. Thank you for remembering and caring for Your people and covering them with your covenant of love and mercy. Help us to begin to love others with a portion of the love that You have loved us with. In Jesus' name, amen.

14 comments:

April said...

That is just lovely, a precious little girl! I am so happy for you guys!

Rachel Boldman said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Nana and all the gang said...

To say that we're excited would be a huge understatement! Our God is so good; praise Him from whom this great blessing comes!

Compleat Mom said...

Jordan, this post is such an encouragement to my heart. Thanks for reminding me of God's constant, constant goodness to the world--all those babies being born every day! May God bless your whole family.

Lauren said...

:D You guys will be an awesome mom and dad for a little girl. Cheers.

Unknown said...

Oh Jordan, that is just fantastic! You will have so much fun. One boy & one girl - perfect! Will pray for an uneventful pregnancy. And PRAISE for the pregnancy! :)

Jen said...

Super excited for you guys!!

Tina said...

I am sooooooooo happy for you!!!! You are going to have a lot of fun with girls!! I am so thankful for my two and am still in awe of God's gift to us in giving us Molly AND Bethany. Oh, I can't wait to see her! :)

Bethel said...

Oh my goodness, I was wrong! I was guessing boy, but congratulations anyway! That's so exciting and I am so, so, so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet my sweet little niece! Congratulations on the news. She and Fiona will be about 4 months apart!

Doni Brinkman said...

Yeah! Pink!!!! Wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

Jordan that is wonderful news baby is healthy and a sweet baby girl awaits. So excited for your family!

Kristy

Melissa :) said...

Leaving another comment just to 'test' - hope you don't mind. My Blogger profile wasn't showing up, so I'm checking to see if it is now. I hope it is! Feel free to delete this comment. So happy for you & your family! :)

heidi jo said...

congratulations!!! pink pink pink! woohoo!