Monday, August 07, 2006

Road Trippin'-- or Some Kind of Trippin' Anyway

Well, last week we took our first mini vacation since Iain was born. We went to Tampa, which is normally a 4 hour ride, but with baby in tow, it morphed into a nearly 7 hour expedition! Needless to say, Mommy and Daddy were forced to cancel their overly ambitious extension of the trip to Gainesville. We were supposed to continue on to see some dear friends there, but that's a babyless 6 hour ride from home and we decided that it really wasn't feasible with the short amount of time we had. I am SO GLAD that we aren't driving to Tennessee when we take that trip! I guess these are the things you learn as a new parent! I'm thankful to have these trips to practice before the big move to England.

We saw Brian's beloved Tigers ("the best team in baseball", he'll proudly inform you) play two games in Tampa. Iain is already a devoted fan with a Tigers hat and a Tigers outfit sent to him from Brian's aunt in Detroit.

We also visited the Tampa Aquarium which was really nice. I thought Iain would sleep through it all, but he woke and saw the fish! I can't wait until he gets a little older and we get to see him interact with his environment more often.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Yay for my little buddy! I'm so glad you got to go on that trip. I chuckle to remember you saying "I don't know what's the big deal. It's not going to change the way we live that much. We can just pop him in the car seat."

Well, after you feed him. Twice.

XO

Anonymous said...

Iain looks highly uncomfortable in that carrier!