Sunday, February 18, 2007

Valentine's Day and my 26th Birthday

I had a really nice extended birthday. It started on Friday night when Lizzie and Sophie brought dinner, presents, and cake to our flat. Sophie made cottage pie (which is the same as shepherd's pie, but with beef instead of lamb) and Lizzie made me this cake! It was so sweet of them and we had a really nice time just hanging out and chatting.

I'm on the left (sportin' my new haircut courtesy of Brian!), Lizzie is in the middle, and Sophie is on the right.
On Saturday I wasn't feeling well (in fact I still have the same cold!!) so I spent the day in bed reading while Brian took care of Iain. So even though I was sick, it was still an enjoyable day. Sunday we went to church and got to hang out visiting with everybody since it was our monthly church supper day. Everyone sang happy birthday to me and prayed for me. I'm so thankful that we have such a lovely church home here. After that, we took a quick walk by the seafront and headed home because I was feeling a little rough. Brian made me dinner and we watched a movie and I called my family. They were so sweet-- they were celebrating my birthday on Sunday too even though I wasn't there. My mom made cookies or cupcakes and they brought them to the webcam and sang happy birthday to me! Then our neighbor Kaori and her little boy Kan came by to give me some chocolate and sing happy birthday too. It was really a great birthday. I felt so loved.

Here is Iain "helping" mommy make some valentine's day cards (which I have yet to mail, I'm ashamed to say!).

Here's what it looked like when he was done with it! Oh well. At least he had fun!

And here is my boy ready for church in a new outfit that Grandma sent. Thanks, Grandma!


Happy Belated Valentine's Day everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jordan! That is so sweet that your parents celebrated from afar! It makes me teary! I am glad you had a Happy Birthday and that you have such good friends while you are away! Love your hair, I didn't even recognize you! Lord Bless You!

Anonymous said...

that picture of ian is so adorable! we miss you!

- Taylor & Brian