Sunday, September 16, 2007

Battle of Britain Airshow

Brian here again: My family left yesterday after two weeks of visiting us here in the UK - more details on that later.

Yesterday Iain and I went to the RAFA Battle of Britain Airshow in Shoreham. It was incredible! I've never seen that many vintage aircraft all flying in the same show before. Here are some Spitfires & Hurricanes:


Here is the 'Battle of Britain Memorial Flight', consisting of one Spitfire, one Hurricane, and one Lancaster.


The aerial acrobatics were great as well.


The Royal Navy Black Cats demonstration team was marvellous.


The Royal Army Chinook was even better. Even Laurel and Hardy were there.


By the way, don't try to outrun the Sussex police!


Iain loved the airshow, he loved being outside, and he loved being with Papa.



Notice his new tricycle, his pride and joy. Jordan & I got it for him at a charity shop in Arundel just the day before. He loves it! He rode around the airshow all day on it. Here he is in front of a B-25, the same kind of airplane my grandfather flew in WWII.


It was a wonderful day out together; it would have been a perfect day if this had not been its end.

2 comments:

Compleat Mom said...

Ain't the charity shops quaint?! I loved them.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?