Wednesday, July 08, 2009

And we're baaaaaaaaack.

It has been a very long time since I've written on my blog. On one hand, I really don't like that because it means there is a gap in our little collection of family memories, but on the other hand, I don't mind so much, because sometimes you don't have much to say, or life intervenes with more pressing cares than journaling.

But a lot has happened since I last wrote here-- we're slowly settling into our new house, we've planted a vegetable garden and have 3 chickens, my mom and sister came for a visit, we traded our enormous 4 poster bed for an old Jeep, we went to San Francisco.

And we got the biggest and best surprise of our lives. God has opened my womb and we are expecting a new baby in early February. This news is so amazing that we still ask ourselves if it can possibly be true.

I really feel that this baby is a miracle, given all the damage inside my body. This child is such a special gift from the Lord. I wonder what purpose he has for this new person? I'm so excited for Iain to have a little brother or sister. He doesn't know yet, but has lately been praying for "a new buddy for our family." He came up with this idea all on his own, and the timing is good!

So we are rejoicing here. I've been so thankful for summer break as Brian has been home to take care of Iain and household chores while I've been sick. Morning sickness started at about 4 weeks with this baby and I've been pretty tired too. I'm looking forward to being finished with the first trimester and going about my regular routine again.

6 comments:

April said...

You really know how to come back with a bang!!! Jordan what Great news! I am so happy for you!!!!

Brian Stanley Douglas said...

I think my wife is hilarious, just for the record. Sorry - there's a little inside joke in this post. I love you, babe!

Anthony Smith said...

Welcome back, Jordan!

Hope the Jeep is comfortable.

Brian - I thought the bit about the household chores was hilarious too :)

Bethel said...

I was shocked that your blog wasn't last on my list today. :) Welcome back!

Iain's prayer request is so sweet, and it's amazing to me that God has laid that on his heart... to prepare him to be the best big brother for your new baby. God is certainly doing great things in your family, and I look forward to reading all about it!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I'm so glad I happened to pop in! Congratulations - what amazing news to share! :)

Kristy said...

Jordan I litterally have goose bumps!!!! YOUR HAVING A BABY!!! :) I'm so so so so happy for you guys. Praise the Lord! Yay for the veggie garden and chikens :)