Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Baby Bean

This photo is quite old by now. It is our 7 week ultrasound. You can't see much in it at all, but we were so happy to see even this little bit as our little one seems to be developing well so far, praise God. Yesterday we went to the doctor for my 11 week appointment and got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time. Thank you Lord!

This whole pregnancy stills seems very unreal. Last time we had to work and pray and strive so hard just to get pregnant-- it seems impossible that it could just happen. I almost feel because I did nothing to make it happen. I guess that just shows what a hard time I still have accepting God's love and graciousness.

I've had lots of pregnancy symptoms so far: nausea, dizziness, shakiness, acute sense of smell, fatigue, mood swings, strange food cravings. Now they seem to be settling down a bit in preparation for the second trimester. I'm thrilled to be getting off early. I'm beginning to pick up parts of my usual work again-- even cooking lunch today and a cake last night. Nothing like being under the weather to make you appreciate feeling good and going about your routine again.

3 comments:

NattaScatta said...

Praise the Lord! :)

Bethel said...

I am running out of words to express how excited and thrilled I still am for you... God is so good. Thanks for the update! :)

heidi jo said...

jordan... how can we possibly express thanks for such an incredible gift? it DOES seem unbelievable... i love it when the surprise is HIS love. :) Congratulations sister... i'm thrilled for you. what better reason to be HAPPY about feeling nauseous. :)