Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring in the Foothills

A few weeks ago we went for a nice little walk through the foothills to Camel's Back Park. It is so nice to see spring coming! I love living in a place where I can enjoy the turn of seasons.

The trees are all budding, and a few in our neighborhood are even starting to blossom already! I must find time to finish pruning our fruit trees here in the next few weeks.

Three brave adventurers! A baby is such a fun conversation starter. Everybody wants to know how old she is, and if Iain likes being a big brother, and tells us how pretty Elinor is.


We took the Red Fox Trail up the hill. Iain did a good job keeping up-- our boy is getting very big!



In the photo above you can see the Capitol dome in the distance. I love Boise. You can walk in nature within sight of downtown.


Still snowy in the mountains! After we climbed over the Camel's Back, we descended to the park and played on the playground for a bit, which of course made it all the more fun for Iain!


2 comments:

Deana Thomas said...

I love your photos! It took a moment to figure out what that large brown thing was in the foreground, along the path! I like the natural frame the fence made, too. And I like that Big Brother is keeping up! He's a good boy and getting so big. : )

Love you,

Mom

April said...

What amazing sights in Boise. I would have never realized how amazing it could be there! You have chosen such a beautiful place to settle!