Thursday, February 17, 2005

Nurturing a Godly Desire

If I am confident of anything, it is this: God uses trials in this life to make us long for eternity with Him.

God made Adam alone and showed him all the creatures of creation before He created Eve.

The Lord waited thousands of years before He sent the promised Messiah.

I think God makes us wait on things so that we will learn to trust Him, to instill in us a spirit of thankfulness, and to give us greater joy when those godly desires are fulfilled. When we are weak and lowly, He is magnified. When we can't bring our will to pass, we learn to trust Him. When He brings things about in His power, we are awed by His might and overwhelmed by His love. May He grant us patience and confidence in Him as we anticipate His work in our lives and His glory in eternity.

2 comments:

Steve Forman said...

I know God said He would not burden us beyond our ability to withstand. Sometimes, I wonder why He has so much faith in me. There are times if I wonder if He believes in me more than I believe in Him.

Susan said...

Not that you'd have any experience in that....