Monday, February 28, 2005

Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow

But I have received everything in full and have an abundance; I am amply supplied. Philippians 4:18a

Our third sale was a complete and total success. And it was totally God's hand that did it. It was supposed to rain and we didn't get a bit of rain. I thought we had too much to stuff to possibly get rid of in one sale. It almost all sold-- we just had a few things to take to the thrift store. At 11am, no people came for 30 minutes or so and I thought weren't going to get many more customers. We prayed, and the LORD sent wave after wave of people. What a blessing. When we counted up the money at the end of the day, we made $945.42! Unbelievable! We've made about $1500 just from these yard sales so far. How amazing. What started out as a house cleaning project has turned to a rich blessing from God. Sometimes I start to doubt the timing of this adoption, or I get impatient with the process and I wonder if this will really happen. But God has really fit all the pieces into place to get us this far, and I am confident that He knows what He is doing.


I will give You thanks with all my heart;
I will sing praises to You before the gods.
I will bow down to your holy temple
And give thanks to you for your lovingkindness and Your truth;
For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name.
On the day I called, You answered me;
You made me bold with strength in my soul.

Psalm 138:1-3

1 comment:

Susan said...

Just wanted you to know that I was praying for you--that it WOULDN'T rain.