Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Tired

That is so inconceiveable, but completely true. I slept all day Sunday and quite a bit of the day Monday, and had 8 hours of sleep last night. I just can't get over the fatigue that comes with this endometriosis sometimes! My body must be doing something to fight this stuff.

Well, the LORD is guiding us once again... It looks like Brian has a post-seminary direction. He is looking into Ph.D. programs with the aim of teaching at the graduate or undergraduate level, and although nothing is settled, things are falling into place. We'll see what happens, but we are very excited to have a goal instead of several equal options. Right now, Brian is working on finding a dissertation topic and is touch with some folks at various schools. The dissertation pretty much decides everything-- where you go, who you study with, what new languages you need to learn. So I'll let you know when he decides on something!

The third yard sale is this weekend, and there is still much to do. I hope that God will strengthen me to get what needs done taken care of. I have more stuff to pick up, items to price, a permit to get, ads to place, and the actual set-up and take-down. I'm hoping that this will be the last yard sale, at least for a while. Now that the semester has begun, we are very busy.

I pray that the LORD would grant me contentment. In terms of my health, my vocation, our post-Knox plans, and our family situation, there is so much inside me that wants to speed up time and get to a resolution. But I would rather learn to be still and worship God. I'm just so antsy! I'm like a little kid in church during a long pastoral prayer-- ok, ok, let's get on with it. I know that I will miss our church, and Knox, and our friends and family terribly when this season is done. It isn't like me to hasten to meet to change but here I am with my arms open wide, trying to speed up time. The funny thing is, I know I'll bawl like a baby when the time to leave comes. I can't figure myself out.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Can't figure yourself out, eh?

Jordan, one thing I've figured out for sure. You and I are way too alike. Or maybe not. Maybe God made us that way on purpose so we could enjoy each other so much. :)

Hey... I wanted to talk to you all day Monday and promptly forgot today when I saw you. But how 'bout Aristotle Ethics and the Mean? Or have you not gotten to it yet? It makes me think of you! You'll know why...

Jordan said...

No I haven't gotten there yet. I'm only on page 20. Yep. 20. Aristotle makes me feel like my brain is melting. Sorry, Dr. Gage. I couldn't complete this assignment because my brain has turned to sludge.

Jordan said...

No I haven't gotten there yet. I'm only on page 20. Yep. 20. Aristotle makes me feel like my brain is melting. Sorry, Dr. Gage. I couldn't complete this assignment because my brain has turned to sludge.