Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A happy milestone

As of yesterday, I am 12 weeks pregnant! Hooray! Brian and I are very pleased to have made it through the first trimester. I am still sick and tired, but I'm hoping that will begin to fade soon. It is such a relief to know our little one has made through those crucial formative weeks. In honor of this momentous occasion, we've decided to share our names. We chose them for their meanings.

If it's a boy:

Iain Zechariah Douglas

It means "The Lord is gracious, he has remembered me"

For a girl:

Sophia Joie Douglas

"The Lord's wisdom brings joy"

We're so very excited!! Any thoughts on the sex of the baby? Both Brian and I kinda think it is a girl (which is a guess based on nothing but facts and logic, but I can't reveal my secrets--ha ha). But my Mom thinks it is a girl too, and she has a perfect track record of always being wrong. Care to offer your speculations?

8 comments:

Susan said...

Girl. Girl alllll the way. You need a girl. You deserve a girl. You will be a super mom of a girl. And Brian will be the GREATEST dad of a girl. It's gotta be a girl.

Love you guys. This post makes me SO happy. I hope it's a girl, too, because that is such a great name. What a testimony you guys are of the joy that comes from walking in the wisdom of the Lord, not of the world. It's glorious.

Happy Thanksgiving, isn't it?

Jordan said...

You're cracking me up. :) A girl would definitely be fun, but a boy could be equally nice. I'm glad you like the names. We've been thinking about them for years. We had beautiful names picked out for triplet girls, but the Lord knows those other two babies are safer with Him (Joelle Rose and Antonia Elise).

It is a most happy Thanksgiving indeed. Hopefully morning sickness will decide to abate and I can enjoy the dinner. :) I hope you are having a wonderful time with dear friends!

Susan said...

I am having a ROCKING time. We walked through downtown Greenville today. It was so gorgeous. It's about 45 degrees today and it's glorious. I'm loving it--can you believe it? This place is just so amazingly beautiful.

Hope your Thanksgiving is a happy, food-filled time. :) But if not, you have Christmas to look forward to, right?...

Anonymous said...

I love the names!

SomeOne said...

Girl. or Boy. Definitely one or the other. :)

Kilby said...

I agree with Jeni, but I think y'all should have a boy. Brian could do wonders with that kid. And after all, that kid could marry Susan. !!! *_* !!!

Susan said...

I hope the uninserted word in Kilby's comment was one unutterable in the presence of the innocent ears of Trouble Douglas. (i.e. a naughty word...)

Kilby said...

It wasn't an uninserted word! It was a shocked smiley face! Man, you have no imagination whatsoever. Or else too perverted a one.