Monday, March 13, 2006

And Another Opens

Well, here I am officially a bon-bon-eating, soap-opera-watching housewife. (Lord, preserve from such a waste of time!) What will the feminists say? Well, it doesn't matter much to me. There are many important duties to be accomplished and I don't see any reason why I should pay someone else to do them. I pray that I will truly be a home-maker, one who creates an environment of comfort and beauty from which to minister to my family and others. I'm praying for increased diligience and wisdom.

I decided that the only way that I would use time wisely was if I began a routine. Is this what other stay-at-home-moms do? So, here it is world, in all its naviete:

Daily Chores:
Make Bed
Read Bible
Sweep Floors
Load/Unload Dishwasher
Wipe Bathrooms
Straighten Up
Make Dinner
Pack Lunches

Weekly Chores:
Monday- Laundry (Including changing the sheets and dry cleaning)
Tuesday- Ironing & Mending
Wednesday- Grocery Shopping
Thursday- Cooking & Baking (breads to be used during the week, freezer meals)
Friday- Fun (BSD's day off)
Saturday- Housecleaning Day

He who tends the fig tree will eat its fruit,
And he who cares for his master will be honored. Proverbs 27:15

So, we shall see. I tried to plan my schedule with enough flexibility for other activities, yet with enough structure to keep things running smoothly. I thank God for the chance to be at home and I pray He will increase my strength, wisdom, and my love for Him.

1 comment:

Doni Brinkman said...

That schedule will go all well and good until baby comes and then GOOD LUCK:) LOL