Thursday, March 23, 2006

Not dead yet...

...just busy! We went up to South Carolina for a meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, and Brian got to present a paper he had written! I was very excited for him about this. God is really opening the doors for him to get some professonial experience these days. His presentation was on the theology of John Locke, and he did a pretty sucessful job of debunking the notion that Locke was just a deist/secular thinker. Did you know that he wrote a book called "The Reasonableness of Christianity"? Not exactly agnostic sounding is it? At any rate, it was a very solid presentation and I was very proud of my husband.

We also got to see some very dear friends on the way home: Mark and Karissa. It was such a blessing to hang out with them. Their baby is getting so big!

We are going to be doing more traveling this month as well. Plus, we have the 3-D ultrasound, my baby shower, school work, Brian's senior sermon, packing and yard sale pricing to do...

Let's just say I'm glad that I'm at home. Otherwise, I'd be exhausted and our house would be a wreck! I went to work and trained the new receptionist on Tuesday and I was SO tired when I got home. It is such a blessing to only be working one job right now, instead of both outside and inside the home! The schedule has been very helpful, even though it has been disrupted a bit by traveling. I find that I accomplish lots more with a list. I'm hoping to really make this routine a part of me.

I finally called about childbirth classes at the hospital. Guess what? They only times they have them are when Brian is working! Please pray that we are somehow able to go.

In other random news:

I got my hair cut! And yes, I did cry about it. I think that is just one of the hazards of changing hairstyles while pregnant. It didn't help that my normally wonderful hair dresser decided to style it big and curly. I looked like a cross between a member of KISS and a Texas preacher's wife! Now that it doesn't look capable of supporting a small building, I've decided that I really like it. So that's a nice boost when you can't see (or reach) your feet anymore!



No comments: