Tuesday, April 17, 2007

If you're klutzy and you know it, ice your ankle!

Guess what I did today? I sprained my ankle! I was running to catch a bus (which would have probaby still been there if I'd walked-- I told you that you weren't alone, Lizzie) and I accidentally stepped on the stroller/buggy wheel and I heard my ankle give two distinct pops. Just call me Rice Krispie Girl. But really don't, or I'll get annoyed that you are mocking my pain. At any rate, I'm now out of commission for a week and trying not to complain too loudly. So I ought to have time to catch up on my blog! Thankfully it doesn't hurt too bad and the swelling is minimal as long as I keep it cold, wrapped, and elevated. I find frozen peas to be a wonderful ice pack. I had to switch over to the frozen spinach as the peas were starting to thaw, and that works too. :)

So the Douglas household is praying for extra grace and patience this week. Your prayers would be appreciated also!

6 comments:

Bethel said...

Sorry to hear about that, Jordan. I hope Iain is extra-easy to handle (as in, maybe an extra nap here and there!) for the next week so you can rest and recover.

Susan said...

Wow. Watch some Gilmore Girls for therapy.

April said...

I am sorry to hear that too. I pray it heals up quickly!!

Devil A Song UK said...

I've got you beat Jordy. A few years ago back at Bethel I was helping out at VBS and sprained my ankle playing hide&go seek with the kids. As if that wasn't bad enough, as soon as I was feeling better a few weeks later I sprained it again playing a game of basketball! Talk about dumb! Your dear sweet hubby and Allan were all too happy to have good laugh at me as they helped my limp off the court. I'm having a good laugh at myself right now, as a matter of fact! Hope you feal better soon!

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry! you poooor dear! well, i suppose you have a good excuse to give up some housework this week don't you? ;)

Jordan said...

Thanks everybody. Lots of people have been really great about coming over to stay with me and take care of Iain. What a blessing.