Friday, November 23, 2007

The God of Promise and Fulfillment

“Therefore the LORD Himself will give you a sign: Behold a virgin will be with child and bear a son and she will call His name Immanuel.” Isaiah 7:14

“The angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. And behold you will conceive in your womb and bear a son and you shall name Him Jesus’….Mary said to the angel, ‘How can this be since I am a virgin?’” Luke 1:30 & 34


“But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel…” Micah 5:2

“Joseph also went from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David which is called Bethlehem… in order to register along with Mary…. While they were there, the days were completed for her to give birth.” Luke 2:4-6


"Thus says the LORD, ‘A voice is heard in Ramah, lamentation and bitter weeping. Rachel is weeping for her children; she refuses to be comforted for her children, because they are no more.” Jeremiah 31:15

“Then when Herod saw that he had been tricked by the magi, he became very enraged and slew all the male children who were in Bethlehem and all its vicinity, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the magi.” Matthew 2:16

…Out of Egypt I called My son.” Hosea 11:1

“…Behold an angel of the LORD appeared to Joseph in a dream and said ‘Get up! Take the Child and His mother and flee to Eygpt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is going to search for the Child to destroy Him.’” Matthew 2:13


“The Spirit of the LORD God is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to captives and freedom to prisoners; to proclaim the favorable year of the LORD…." Isaiah 61:1-2

“ Jesus returned to Galilee… and He began teaching in their synagogues… the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the book and found the place where it was written, ‘The Spirit of the LORD God is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to captives and freedom to prisoners; to proclaim the favorable year of the LORD’ And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him. And He began to say to them, ‘Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.’” Luke 4:16-21


“Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout in triumph, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you: He is just and endowed with salvation, humble, and mounted on a donkey, even on a colt, the foal of a donkey.” Zechariah 9:9

“They brought the colt to Jesus and put their coats on it; and He sat on it.” Mark 11:7


“Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted up his heel against me.” Psalm 41:11

"Truly, truly I say to you, that one of you will betray Me.’ .…‘Lord, who is it?’ Then Jesus answered, ‘That is the one for whom I shall dip the morsel and give it to him’. So when He had dipped the morsel, He took and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.” John 13:21-26


“I gave My back to those who strike Me, and My cheeks to those who pluck out the beard; I did not cover My face from humiliation and spitting. ” Isaiah 50:6

“Then they spat in His face and beat Him with their fists; and others slapped Him, and said ‘Prophesy to us, you Christ who is the one who hit you?’” Matthew 26:67


“You have ascended on high, You have led captive Your captives; You have received gifts among men, even among the rebellious also, that the LORD God may dwell there.” Psalm 68:18

“And after He said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.” Acts 1:9

"Therefore it says ‘When He ascended on high, He led captive a Host of captives, and He gave gifts to men.’” Ephesians 4:8


1 comment:

April said...

I love your new banner!