Wednesday, March 02, 2005

It's Not About You

Sometimes it is hard to remember that! But through the past several years in a multiplicity of ways, God seems to be telling me that over and over. Perhaps I should explain what I mean by "it's not about you". It means that when I go to church, I'm there to worship God, not make myself feel better. It means that my salvation isn't something that God is standing around, wringing His hands, begging me to take. It means that when things go wrong in life, it isn't the end of the world, but instead a lesson to teach me to say "not my will, but yours be done".

But the most amazing thing of all about all of this is that even though it isn't all about me, God loves me so powerfully and completely that it takes my breath away. When you begin to realize how small and lowly humans are, and how great and regal God is and then factor in that He calls us His sons and His bride! How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we might be called sons of God and allowed to be on intimate terms with Him. How often do I forget that and find more important things to do than pray or read Scripture? How often does He graciously forgive? How many blessings He has rained down on me! How foolish am I to get wrapped up in this life and the few things I don't have. Praise the Lord for His mercy, love, and power! He is great and greatly to be praised!

No comments: