Thursday, May 05, 2005

Black and Blue and Sad All Over

Some days are like that, you know. Some days you are fed up and disgusted with life. I'm just being honest. So I want to know what scripture has to say to someone like me. Someone who is tired of it all. (Lest you be alarmed, nothing horrible has happened to me this week. I've just had two days of good, stiff pain and we're still in limbo-land as far as what path to take for the future.)

Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Mt. 11:28-30

That is comforting. Sometimes I wonder if God is angry at me for failing so much. But that is the beauty of this passage. Jesus has carried that burden for me. That's why following Him is easy, even when it is hard. Sometimes my heart is cold and that doesn't quite sink in. But no matter what, there is someone who loves me and has compassion for me. And that Someone is the Creator of the Universe.

O, Lord, rebuke me not in Your wrath, and chasten me not in Your burning anger. For your arrows have sunk deep into me, and Your hand has pressed down on me... For my iniquities are gone over my head, as a heavy burden they weigh too much for me.... Do not forsake me, O Lord, O my God, do not be far from me. Selections from Psalm 38


How I long to end this wearisome toil, and rest in heaven with Him. The struggle with sin is so difficult. I have to remember that ultimately that battle has been won. I'm just fighting a few skirmishes-- it's like the Civil War. They had battles for two weeks after Lee's surrender because the word hadn't gotten out yet. I know what the end result is. I just have to patient and rest in Him, and not try to contol the universe.

No comments: