Saturday, January 14, 2006

Babymoon!

A very special thank you to our devoted cadre of friends who helped us collect enough Wendy's cups to get a free plan ticket! (Wendy's & Air-Tran had a promotion that if you collected 63 soft drink cups you could redeem them for a round-trip ticket to anywhere in the US. We managed it by going to Wendy's often with large groups of people, asking for refills, asking friends to save cups for us, and yes, even trash-picking. Now my dirty secret is on the internet for all to see.)

We're going to Boston!! Woohoo! I've never been to Boston before, but have always wanted to go. After reading 1,993 pages of primary colonial documents for this January class, it seems like an appropriate place to go! We're going at the end of the month for four days and it is going to be a blast, albeit a cold blast. :) We decided that this was a good time to go because airfare for the remaining ticket is cheap, and I'm still mostly mobile.

In pregnancy news, I'm officially 5 months pregnant tomorrow. It is amazing how quickly time has gone by. I guess I can thank work and school for that. Pretty soon I'm going to get Brian to take a picture of me and I'll post here for posterity's sake. The belly is really coming along, although thankfully, I've only gained 9lbs so far, which seems to be very normal for 5 months.

The digital camera is coming with us to Boston too, so hopefully we'll get some good shots there and I can post a few of those too.

3 comments:

Kilby said...

Congratulations on both counts!

Susan said...

Yay! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Then there was also a wiggly feeling. It kinda felt like a little school of fish.

And THAT is exactly what the moment of delivery feels like, only by that time the little school of fish are not little fish...

Praising God with you.