Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Bumps and Wiggles

I felt the baby move for the first time last night! I am SO excited! I have been impatiently waiting to feel him move. I was laying on my stomach (a very rare occurence these days, but for some reason I was comfortable that way) in bed reading for Dr. Beisner's class. I was completely immersed in objections to the first draft of the constitution when... POP! I felt a little bump in my lower abdomen. I froze. Was that the baby? Pop. Pop. Swish. I called out to Brian "I think I'm feeling the baby move!" He was excited too. I laid there for awhile and Iain was quite active. I kept feeling all kinds of bumps and wiggles.

I've heard other ladies describe it as fluttering or bubbles. Mine didn't feel like that, unless those were some chunky butterflies! I think that it might feel lighter earlier and I just missed it. My abdomen is numb to light touch at certain places on the outside because of scarring from my surgeries, so my theory is that I have numb spots on the inside too. Anyway, this felt more like popcorn popping or someone pulling back a rubber band and letting it go (only without the sting). Then there was also a wiggly feeling. It kinda felt like a little school of fish.

I am thrilled!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Our little boy is growing and seems to be doing real well. I never thought I would have this joy, and God has been so gracious to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome!

Kilby said...

Yayyyyyness.