Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sweet Joy

My mom and I went to Babies R Us on Saturday to do my baby registry. We met for breakfast first and I showed her the baby book I've started for Iain. We both fought back tears. Tears for the pain of infertility, tears for the joy of this new life, tears for the loss of two babies we'll never meet, tears of amazement at what God has done and what He has taught us. So many feelings. Registering was so much fun. And I didn't cry in the store, for which I am thankful! I always have fun buying shower gifts for friends, or oohing and awing over tiny booties but what a blessing it was to go and pick out things for MY baby. What a joy.

We had another ultrasound yesterday, which is always neat. This was the first time that I wasn't worried beforehand either, since I can feel him move now. Little Buddy is 1 pound 7 ounces now, and according to the tech, has long legs. While sitting in the high-risk doctor's office for 4 hours (no, that wasn't a typo) I had time to reflect on the Lord's graciousness. So many of the women who go to that office are on bed-rest, or are facing having children with severe disabilities. There are tons of birth announcements for preemies on the walls, including one for a little girl who was born at 24 weeks (I'm 23!) and only weighed 1 pound 14 ounces! But I don't seem to be in any danger of delivering early, at least not at this point. They just want me to come every month so they can measure him to be sure that he is getting enough blood and nutrients flowing to him. But it seems to be more precautionary than anything else.

I am so very blessed.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Grinning ear to ear...

Anonymous said...

Me too.

Where're the pictures?