Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Belated Blogger: Boston, Doctors, Etc.

I started this post a week ago (heh heh heh)... Anyway, my computer has been giving me fits at home, so I'm posting this from work and I will insert the pictures into this post soon! Sorry!

Well, my most interesting and exciting piece of news is: I resigned from my job! My last day is going to be March 9. It will be sad in a way because I've been really blessed to work at Knox, but I'm SO excited about being to devote my full attention and energy into the home sphere. My family needs me there. And our home needs the attention and oversight of a full-time caretaker. Plus, that's where my heart is and has always been. I think we will all be happier, healthier, and better able to serve the Lord under this arrangement. Now I just need prayer that I will be diligent in my new duties.

Image hosting by Photobucket

As promised, here is a picture of me and my ever-expanding belly! What an amazing blessing. This is a picture of a woman who never should have been able to get pregnant. And in her belly is a baby that she and her husband could not have made on their own. This baby is uniquely chosen by God for us. Not made of our flesh and blood, but our child. The child we would have never had if things had worked out "perfectly" for us.

Boston was really great, but I'm glad that we didn't put the trip off. We were walking quite a bit and I was tired! So that limited what we could somewhat, but we still got to see everything that we wanted to see. Our hotel was lovely and very convienently located and had the world's comfiest bed. We walked the Freedom Trail, ate in Little Italy, went to a hockey game, spent an entire day in the Museum of Fine Arts, visited Harvard, and checked out some of the shops. Very fun. Here are some pictures:

Image hosting by Photobucket
This is our hotel lobby. We stayed at the Omni Parker House and really liked being close to everything.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Here is Brian with kindred spirit and fellow trouble-maker, Sam Adams. Beer and a riot, anyone? :)

Image hosting by Photobucket
This me on board the USS Constitution in what I thought was "a pretty little sunroom", only to have the tour guide inform me that it was the privy!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Here's Brian onboard the Constitution. He really looks the part, doesn't he?

Image hosting by Photobucket
I thought this was so funny that I left the bathroom and got the camera from Brian. Out of order since 1908?!?!

Boston was great. We especially enjoyed the Museum of Fine Art. We got a ton of pictures there, but I won't post them here. It is so neat to see how clearly art reflects worldview.

I'm going to a new OB now, praise God! He is the doctor I originally wanted, but he was too busy when I asked for him. After calling my old OB trillions of times about this spotting problem and getting absolutely nowhere, a nurse noticed that I had seen this other doctor before I got pregnant and asked me if I'd like to switch. Not only did she get permission for me to switch, she also got me an appointment for the next day, which was the last day before our trip. So the doctor saw me and was able to reassure me that it really was ok to go. I was so very relieved. It was such an answer to prayer. He also gave me a lot of other information, including the fact that this spotting is likely to occur again because of the blood thinner I'm on. He gave me information on what to do if that happens. It is so nice to know and be prepared. He also told me that I'm going to have to be induced because of the heparin. (When was my old OB going to tell me that?!?!) They have to induce because I shouldn't be on heparin during labor, but Iain shouldn't go too long in the womb without it. So they'll have me stop the injections 12-24 hours before labor. I was less than thrilled about the idea, but I understand why it has to be done.

Ok, so that is the update!

1 comment:

SomeOne said...

Been induced twice and it's not ideal, but not the worst thing in the world. Waaay less pain during labor/delivery than natural... "better living through science" is how my dad likes to put it.

Who will be with you for the birth? I HIGHLY recommend a having a doula-type person with you. Someone who knows what's coming and can be there just for you to encourage and inform you.

I'll try calling you again when I'm not feeling so gross myself.