Tuesday, April 01, 2008

My beautiful boy



How I love my son! I pray that God will give me wisdom as I try to raise him. I'm so imperfect, and this world is so imperfect, and his own little nature is imperfect-- there are so many things that could go wrong. So many things that I can't protect him from. He will know sickness, rejection, pain, and death in this life. These things are common to man, and no one can protect us from them. But how will Iain react when things don't go according to his plan? When there are no easy answers, and when life seems insurmountable? It's my job as a mother to equip him to handle these things, and that's scary.

He's getting older now, so much more a boy than a baby. Time for growing interaction, independence, and serious parenting. My love grows with him, and loving a child has opened me up to a new level of vunerability. No matter where he goes, or what he does, part of my heart will be there with him. I hope that he always knows how much I love him.

Dear Jesus, Please protect my son. Nurture him with your everlasting, redeeming love. Help him not to worship himself or money or status or anything but you. Be his reality, dear Lord. Help me to show him your ways and wisdom. I want the best for my son. Help me to remember that you love him more than I do. Help me to teach him the right things and to make good choices for him while he is small. Help me not to be lazy, but intentional and diligent in my care for him. I give my son to you, Lord. He is yours. You only gave him to me for safekeeping. Help me to utilize my talents and steward him well. Bless him and touch his heart. Help him to call on you from the earliest of days. In your name I pray, amen.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I can't wait to meet this little charmer in last than 2 months!

Compleat Mom said...

And amen.