Sunday, September 21, 2008

Albertson's 9/23

I'm always looking for a way to make a dollar stretch, and lately I've been enjoying reading some bargain-oriented blogs, particularly Money Saving Mom (thank you to Marissa F. for recommending her to me!) So I've decided to devote occasional posts to budgets, bargains and the like. My apologies to those of you who have absolutely no interest in this sort of thing.

One of my favorite strategies is to shop at the cheapest grocery store in town, but then go and scoop the sales at the other grocery stores. Usually they have a few items every week that they sell for even less than the discount grocery stores do. I went to Albertson's today and managed to get a pretty good deal on some soup, crackers, and ground hamburger.

I got 17 cans of soup, 2 lbs of lean hamburger, 2 bags of goldfish crackers, and 1 plastic tablecloth for $16.44. The tomato and chicken noodle soup are on sale for fifty cents each, the selects soups are 1.00 and the microwaveable soups are 1.25. The hamburger is on sale for 1.99 a pound. The sale on soup runs until Tuesday and if you clip coupons, you should have a stack of Campbell's coupons from two weeks ago that will take a few more dollars off.

2 comments:

Melissa :) said...

Woohoo! I'm with you! :)

I'm learning quickly I'm liking Albertson's! :)

Kristy said...

That's awesome Jordan!! I love Albertsons for their sales on stuff. Also,ask the meat department,but I think on Fridays (at a certain time? morning and or evening) they have their lean beef on sale for .99 cents. My friend used to buy hers in bulk there before she moved to Florida. I buy my country spareribs,hams,pork chops & chicken from there :) Love hearing about your deals & thanks for sharing!