Friday, September 19, 2008

Blogging Hiatus Over


Now that the dust has settled (as much as it can in a desert, at any rate) I am announcing a return to the blog. I've delayed coming back for awhile because the thought of retelling a summer's worth of events that including a transatlantic, cross-country move; 2 birthdays; my mom's surgery, reunions and partings; in addition to a fair amount of culture shock was, to be quite honest, daunting. We spent the summer without a paycheck and without a home, but we lacked nothing by God's goodness and grace. Thank you to those of you who have kindly asked about the blog and its long silence. You are part of the reason that I'm getting out of this rut of bewilderment and backlog to finally post again.

This blog has passed through two major seasons with me so far. It records my infertility and adoption story, with all the pain and joy that encompasses and it keeps the record of our two years living abroad in England. There were times that I missed the old blog-- it was smaller and more personal. Sometimes I felt that my persona was lost in a sea of family updates that were probably of little significance or use to anyone outside my family. Yet now I realize that I have a record of a unique season in my life that would otherwise slowly fade into dimly remembered anecdotes. And now that we have moved to The West-- I still think of it that way, in capitals, The West-- no doubt the blog will see a bit of a transformation again. I hope to blend the posts a bit more effectively now that our family life won't be quite as out-of-the-ordinary. Hopefully, I will be brave enough to truly share my heart, my struggles, and my walk with God now that I have given this URL to everybody and their Great Aunt Alice. Because I feel that transparency is what keeps my blog alive and it is a way for me to share and remember the work that God is doing in shaping me. I think that transparency is a vital commodity in Christian fellowship, allowing us to pray for each other, correct each other, and encourage each other.

I would like to say thank you to all the lovely ladies whose blogs I follow. Thank you for sharing your journeys with me. I look forward to catching up with you all and seeing what has happened with you this summer.

Higher up and further into God's grace, whether it brings happiness or pain, so long as it brings us closer to seeing him face to face!

5 comments:

Anthony Smith said...

Welcome back, Jordan! We've missed your blogging since you moved to The West! (What does that make us? The Near East??)

Melissa :) said...

Welcome back! I have always enjoyed your posts. Can't wait to hear more! :)

Susan said...

Yay! Welcome back! (I'm back to blogging too, by the way.) And your last sentence is SO where it's at...

Jordan said...

It is good to back in the land of the blogging.

Anthony, you said it, not me. Actually I didn't mean The West as in the Western Hempisphere, but The West as in Western America. I'm sure you knew what I meant. :)

Thank you for the welcome back.

heidi jo said...

welcome back!