Friday, November 07, 2008

Rejoicing in the little things


Those of you who know me know that I am not a seamstress. Yet I had an old body pillow with no pillowcase. I love having a body pillow-- they are so comfortable. When I was pregnant with Iain, a body pillow helped me sleep at night. Anyway, I was pricing pillowcases and I keep seeing them for $10-$15, which seems unreasonably high to me. And the selection wasn't particularly nice. So I dug out my sewing machine and made this pillowcase last week. It cost me a significant amount of aggravation, but it is the right color and made from a soft flannel that it is nice for snuggling. I bought two yards of fabric at Wal-mart for $2.50 a yard and I already had the thread, so it cost me $5 plus my time. So I'm very happy with it.

1 comment:

heidi jo said...

well, i'm proud of you too. :) it feels so good to accomplish something like this doesn't it? i've been trying to do a little more sewing myself so i know that good feeling too. i need to finish a few projects to post so we can encourage one another. great work!