Thursday, November 06, 2008

Pizza Parlor Fun

Earlier this week I had the blessing of going on a little "mommy date" with Iain. We went to Flying Pie Pizzeria with the Idaho Mom's Network for a tour and we got to make our own pizza! Flying Pie is considered to be the best pizza place in Boise, and I must say that I agree. Here we are waiting to get started.


They had all kinds of fun hats for the kids to wear while they constructed their pizzas. Iain choose the crown, but it was so big that it looked like a royal rasta hat! He didn't leave it on for too long.


After washing our hands, we got to spread sauce and sprinkle cheese on our pizza dough.


And of course, there was some quality-control testing to be done.


Next came the meat and the olives. Yum, yum! It was very hard for Iain to be patient and not eat his pizza uncooked. I'm actually not sure if he is adding ingredients or taking them off in this picture!


Next we named our pizzas and gave them to the staff to be cooked in the oven. We called ours "Iain's Sampler". Then they gave us drinks and breadsticks and showed us the massive dough mixer. I couldn't believe the size of it. It makes enough dough for almost 200 pizzas, and they make the dough fresh every morning.


Next we saw our pizzas cooking in the oven. Then we got to eat them!


Iain and I both really enjoyed our morning at Flying Pie. If you are ever in Boise, you have to check them out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are GREAT photos! :)
As part of my marketing work for Flying Pie, I have a "Google Alert" set up for blog mentions about Flying Pie and that's how I discovered yours. I'm so glad to hear you and Lain had such a great time with the Idaho Mom's Network Pizza Tour here and thank you for the hearty recommendation for folks to visit us. What do you think about us having a link to this blog entry on our Pizza Tour webpage on our website?
We'll see you next time!
Lesley

Anonymous said...

Good grief! KitchenAid on steroids!