Monday, November 10, 2008

For I am with you, says the LORD.


I took you from the ends of the earth,
from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, 'You are my servant';
I have chosen you and have not rejected you.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:9-10

These verses have been a big encouragement to me lately-- how much more I need to think on them!

Life is never predictable, and it is my first reaction to begin to worry and fear whenever there is uncertainty in my life. So I'm worried a lot. And that's a sin. I can't begin to describe how harmful worry is to my soul. When I cling to my fears, I rebel against the Lord. Clutching my concerns to my chest, my mind races with how I'm going to deal with it-- how can I fix it? No wonder I'm afraid. I'm trusting in myself.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Philippians 4:4-6

So today I want to cast my cares on Him. He is capable and He is wise. Why cling to my stress and worry? He is my loving heavenly Father.

We have some big decisions facing our family-- as always it seems! Please pray for us if you have a moment and are reading this. We would love to see our family grow, if that is the Lord's will. There are many factors that play into this and due to the much more public nature of blog now than 3 years ago, I think it is the better part of wisdom to leave it at that. If you want to know more for the purposes of prayer and encouragement, please feel free to come to me and ask me privately.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I trust You. You are good and holy. I know that what you do is right. Please help me to remember this each and every day, especially on days that seem dark and scary. I cast my cares on You Father. If You are for me, who can be against me? I know that I am valuable because of You and Your love for me-- and that Your love doesn't wax and wane depending on how well I'm doing at a given moment. Help me to find my security in You. I love You Lord and I thank you so much for Your covenant faithfulness and lovingkindness. Bless Your holy name. Amen.

3 comments:

heidi jo said...

The precious think about us and our fear is that we are still Father's children. Sometimes when my son is afraid, I am strong and move forward, willing my confidence to him. Other times I hold him, stroke his hair, tell him He's safe, whisper of my love and words of comfort, as compassion overwhelms me. I pray that right now, THAT is the side of Father you feel close. And that as a result, you rise up in HIS confidence to renew your faith and sense of trust in His ability to lead.

Father, we trust You with our deepest desires... hard as it may be for our feeble understanding to grasp just how able to meet our needs You are. Help us to remember. Please be patient in our moments of fear. Amen

Jordan said...

Thank you Heidi.

Rachel Boldman said...

You're in my prayers, for sure!