Monday, February 09, 2009

Another Milestone

Today is the first day of Potty Boot Camp in our house, and at nap time it looks like things have gone pretty well. Iain has gone on the potty successfully 5 times and has only had one accident. I've been plying him with plenty of chocolate milk and we've spent a good deal of the day in the bathroom (he has made 24 trips to the potty so far today). The day has been a "happy day" according to Iain, so that makes me feel good. We've been watching potty videos online, coloring potty pictures, playing games, reading stories, and having special potty day drinks. And going to the potty every 10-15 minutes. I've been stuck to him like a senator on a stimulus bill all day and I'm feeling pretty worn out even though it is only two o'clock.

After his first success "I did it, mommy! I did it!" we called Daddy at work, Nana, and Grandma and ate graham crackers shaped like his beloved cars. He has been wearing new big boy underwear with trains or cars on them all day, and we are only on the third pair. We lost the first pair in the enthusiasm of that first success when tossed his underwear for joy into the air only to have them land in the newly filled potty. Whoops. :) I also gave him a new Curious George book that we read while waiting for It to happen. So it has been a happy, but tiring day. And naptime is over very soon!

5 comments:

heidi jo said...

love the underwear in the potty trick... ooops... :) congrats on some good successes today!

Anonymous said...

Iain! Grandma is so proud of you! What a big boy! Jordan, Mama is so proud of you! This isn't an easy job! I love you so much. I wish I'd have been as good a Mom as you are. : )

NattaScatta said...

yayayayayayayayay! keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

This made me chuckle. I don't envy you your job. :P

Unknown said...

Good job Iain and mom. Our grandson Evan went through this rather smoothly last year. They just need to get the hang of it. Allow for an occasional lapse. Sometimes they get engrossed in another thing until it is too late.