Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Sigh.

I just met a couple from Omaha who are down here to pick up a baby they are adopting through my agency. They have 6 kids already. Ouch. They just walked into Knox and asked to go in the bookstore, and as Lori was talking with them they mentioned what they were in town for. It was a completely Providential meeting. Even though it was hard to look at this couple and know that a mother (and more importantly, God) chose them for this child instead of us, I also know that God arranged it for them to come here today. In a way, it was a comfort because it means that the word about agency is getting out. But it is still hard to know that their baby could have been ours, and it could be us going to the hospital today.

Most importantly, Brian and I are forced to remind ourselves that God knows who our baby is, when he or she is coming, and has selected just that specific little one for us. Surely the God who created and maintains this glorious world, providing for all the intricately made creatures on it can bring us what we need in due season.

For now, we'll keep busy working, studying, and serving. We had one sucessful yard sale already, and several people have offered me more stuff, so we're having another one at my Mom's house in Januray. The Lord does provide for His people, even if His ways are a little quirky sometimes.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Brian and Jordan, I love you guys. I'm sad to imagine how sad you must have been; but I rejoice with you in the truths you acknowledge here. God will provide exceedingly abundantly above all that you can ask or think. I look forward to witnessing it.

And you know, in the mean time, I'm praying for you.

Jordan said...

Thanks, Sus. Your prayers are very much appreciated!