Monday, January 03, 2005

Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven. Ps. 119:89

I'm listening to one of the psalm CDs that Brian got me for Christmas and it is so wonderful. There is nothing like scripture to realign a quickly skewed perspective. I'm going to (hopefully!) be adding some recommendations to my blog from time and time and I highly recommend Psalm recordings. You know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the words are true-- and it is comforting beyond measure. Often I've heard songs or hymns that express a beautiful sentiment and I think to myself, "Gee, I'm not sure about that. I hope that is right. I wish I could be confident of that." No matter how shocking or too-good-to-be-true it sounds, you can cast your anchor in the words of scripture. The psalms are soul comfort.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Jordan!

*This is Susan doing a little dance.*

(If you can believe that.)

I love it that I have a friend who thinks the same things I do.

See ya tomorrow! Yes, it's been forever! (That's the way it seems to me, anyway.)