Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Day 3--26 days to go!



10 units Lupron
Ortho-Novum
Pre-natal vitamins
Baby Asprin

All is going well on the medicine front. I haven't forgotten to take anything so far. I haven't really had any side effects either-- except a little bit of trembling, which may be completely unrelated since I can't find that listed as a side effect. Also, I have mastered the art of the subcutaneous injection (if nothing else, this project is expanding my vocabulary). No more funny bubbles under my skin (:~)! Injecting myself daily is not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be.

I got a surprise this morning when I read the newspaper-- we have a tropical storm which has sprouted up quickly just off the coast. Looks like we're having a hurricane Friday. Well, what do you know? This storm is going to cancel many of the first classes at Knox and convocation if it keeps its course. On the other hand, as long as no real damage is done, hurricanes can be fun. It's the Floridan version of a snow day. Only you get to wrangle long lines of gas hungry SUVs at the gas station and fight grouchy old ladies for the last bag of hot dog buns. Seriously though, I got that stuff taken care of after work today, so we should be set. Katrina looks like she is going to be pretty mild and we're thankful for that since we're right in the center of the projected track. Ain't she purty?

No comments: