Thursday, June 09, 2005

God speaks, but will I listen?

My husband preached again last Sunday evening.

Do you remember the post where I prayed that God would give me purpose?

Well, He remembered.

Brian was preaching from Psalm 138 and the verse 8, the last verse of the Psalm, leapt off the page at me: "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me! O Lord, Your covenant faithfulness is eternal-- do not forsake the work of your hands!"

I may not-- correction-- do not know what God's purpose for my life is. But He does. And He accomplishes what He chooses. No one can thwart God's plan, not even me. So as I try to live out my faith, I can rest in Him. How foolish I am and so full of worries. He tells me over and over again to trust Him. He is the God of covenant-faithfulness and He will remember His people.

No comments: