Friday, December 09, 2005

Exams

I'm currently listening to the exam reviews for two of my three classes. All three exams are on Monday. I'll be glad to get them over with! This semester has been a bear. What with the medicines, doctor trips, and procedures associated with the baby, the illness of our dear pastor, preparations for our post seminary plans, and hurricane Wilma have made this a difficult time. I've felt so distracted from my studies, so I'm just focused on passing-- not my usual overachiever A+++ mode (Susan, you didn't think that part was funny in Christmas Story???). I think most people have heard me ungratefully whining that I'm still in school at this point. This certainly wasn't MY plan. The Lord provided a way to get a Master's for free, and at the time my life was feeling woefully empty. But my heart has never been in a career or higher education. I know that the Lord must have a reason for working things out this way. I hope that somehow He uses this to glorify Himself. I'm going to be taking a whole semester condensed into 3 weeks in January (so don't talk to me then, unless you feel like losing an appendage). I'm really dreading that. Then I'll have to take two classes in the spring and e done. That should be pretty manageable, especially as I will stop working at some point during that time.

So I guess I'll quit whining about school now, try to work diligently, and see what the Lord is going to do with it all!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hm. Don't remember that part.

God be with you, Jordan. He will. He has been. Love you.

Jordan said...

They have to write their Christmas theme on want they want for Christmas, and he imagines his teacher grading the stack.."F...F..F! But wait what is this? 'I want a Red Ryder BB gun with a compass in the stock.'Poetry! A + + + +!" Ha ha ha.