Monday, December 12, 2005

A silly post

This random post is courtesy of Jeni, and the finals I took today which subsequently fried my brain and deprived me of the ability to post unaided.

1)7 Things I Want to See or Do Before I Die (Lord willing)
My husband with his DPhil
My sweet baby's face
The Hagia Sophia (that's the awesome building pictured on the far right at the top of my blog)
Become seriously well read
Serve Christ's vulnerable ones
Get my house clean (truly the impossible dream)
Greece & Italy

2)7 Things I Cannot Do:
Get my house clean
Be content
Allow children to act like beasts
Have patience with others who allow children to act like beasts
Understand Aristotle
Figure out how to inexpensively transport or store all our earthly goods for the next three years
Stop complaining

3)7 Things That Attracted Me to My Husband
His brain power
His ability to stand for truth
His protection & gentleness
His laugh
His mischevious look
His love for Christ
His strong arms

4)7 Things That I Say Most Often
I can't believe I have to go again-- I JUST went!
Stinky Pete.
Hi baby. Mommy loves you.
Good morning, Knox Seminary.... Knox Seminary.... There is no one by that name here. I believe you are trying to reach someone at CRPC or Westminster Academy...
I'm tired.
No Dr. Gage, I'M the real Pope.
When the baby comes...

5)7 Books/Series That I Love
Little House on the Prairie
Narnia (I thought the movie was great!)
The Hidden Art of Homemaking
Austen
Dickens (with the exception of Oliver)
Tommy & Tuppence Series (Christie)
Les Miserables (This is the only book that I ever recommend the abridged version of. Unless of course, you are really dying to read about the history of Paris' sewer system.)


6) 7 Movies That I Could Watch and Watch
The Princess Bride
North by Northwest
The Sound of Music
Dial M for Murder
The Merchant of Venice (Beware: there is nudity in this, but it is an awesome treatment of law and grace)
Laurel & Hardy
Henry V


Ok, that's it. Perhaps not very entertaining, but it is my contribution for the night!

3 comments:

SomeOne said...

Do not blame me for this madness; it was Kilby who asked you to do it.

But I'm glad you did. and I did actually enjoy the history of Paris' sewer system.

Kilby said...

Don't try to understand Aristotle, Jordan. He was an empiricist and inductionist, if you can imagine that's a word, and so a nasty evil pagan.

Kilby said...

Plato, however....