Thursday, December 15, 2005

A question for moms

When you were pregnant, did you experience an unpleasant pulling sensation in your lower abdomen?

It started out gradually, but now it really hurts sometimes! At first I was afraid something was going wrong, but I've heard some other women say something about it. Clarification would be great! I think it is a good thing since a doctor told me that pregnancy might pull apart some scar tissue from my surgeries. So I'm hoping that is what I am feeling. I go to the doctor for my 4 month check-up tomorrow (I'll be four months on Monday already!) so I'll mention it to her.

Our phone is down again at home! It was out for 10 days and then on for 3 or 4 and now it is off again. What a pain! I hope that they fix it soon. My MIL's phone is also down and she lives 1/2 mile from me, so I think that there is a widespread problem.

I'm still feeling VERY tired. I got 9 hours of sleep last night and could barely wake up. I feel like I've been drugged!

2 comments:

SomeOne said...

My guess is stretching of the round ligaments. The best remedy I know of is Arnica. It's a homeopathic remedy that is safe for pregnant women; get it in 6x, take 2 every hour until it feels better, and then only as the pain returns. Worked like a dream in my last pregnancy, and I never left home without it.

Doni Brinkman said...

Yes - I remember worrying about that with Tanner:)! I know exactly how you are feeling though because when such a miracle of pregnancy happens after such a long wait, it feels surreal for such a long time. I think I went through 9 full months of pregnancy with Tanner and never actually beleived it until I saw his face.

Much love - Doni