Friday, June 09, 2006

Iain Zechariah is born!

This is Brian filling in for Jordan. We're still at the hospital, and I just discovered that they have wireless here! If only I'd checked sooner, you all would have had the news earlier: Iain was born Wednesday morning, June 7, at 9:46. He measured 9lbs, 3oz and 21.5". The recovery has been about as good as could be expected for both baby and mommy. We are so blessed to finally meet our boy, and we thank you all for your love and prayers. Jordan will post more later, including some of the 120+ pictures that we've already taken!

~BSD

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahooooooooooooooo! CONGRATULATIONS! Praise God! Soooooooooo happy for you!!! Can't wait to see your new baby! :)

Bethel said...

YAY!!!!! I have probably checked this blog 50+ times since Wednesday morning because I was just so anxious to know. :) Congratulations!

Brian Stanley Douglas said...

I figured everyone was waiting to hear, so I tried to post something the one time I went home since the birth, but Blogger's server was down! It was frustrating. I had brought my laptop to the hospital so I could work on some articles while we were here, but I didn't find out that they had wireless until just a little while ago.

Iain has had a bit of a hard day--he was circumcised this morning and has had gas all day. He's handled it all rather well, all things considered. It's strange to remember that he's only 70.5 hours of age.

Jordan has struggled with some pain and hormonal issues today. Please keep her in your prayers as this has been her hardest day since the birth.

Thank you all again for your kindness and prayers!

Anonymous said...

thank you Jesus! Still praying for you and can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for your family! What a BIG boy - oh my!!!! He's a tough guy already. :)

Thank you Lord for a safe delivery and for the gift of life through Iain. Please comfort him as he heals from birth and circumcision. Be near to daddy & mama too - giving them rest, strength, comfort, peace, and OOODLES of joy! Help Jordan to heal and recover quickly and to sense you near in the moments when things seem overwhelming, tiring, and maybe even confusing. Give her rest and help her happy hormones to kick in really soon.

Amen.