Friday, October 27, 2006

Seven Sisters Country Park

Last Saturday we visited the most beautiful place that I think I ever been to. The Seven Sisters are gigantic white cliffs right on the sea where the waves crash with joy. Brian and I had a great time, and Iain did too at first, but he didn't like the steady cold wind that came off the ocean down on the beach. I can't wait to go back again soon.

The park has a lovely old farmhouse with a bed and breakfast and a little restaurant inside. We ordered lunch there and ate it in the pretty walled courtyard. They had the most delicious scones and cream.




















After lunch we started to walk through the park down to the shore to see the Seven Sisters. The green rolling hills were covered with grazing sheep and lots of families were strolling about. Lots of people brought their dogs, who ran around delighted with all the open space and new smells, but were very well-behaved and didn't cause any trouble at all.














Here is the stream the runs right down through the valley and empties into the ocean. It was so pleasant to walk beside it.























Our fearless guide.













Here is the pebbly beach with some old homes overlooking the sea.












And here are the Seven Sisters. Aren't they gorgeous?












The Lord's my shepherd, I'll not want
He makes me down to lie,
In pastures green He leadeth me,
The quiet waters by.

My soul He doth restore again
And me to walk doth make
Within the paths of righteousness
Even for His own name's sake.

Goodness and mercy all my life shall surely follow me,
And in God's house forevermore my dwelling place shall be.

2 comments:

SomeOne said...

ditto to whatBecky says

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS PLACE (and darling boy!) - beautiful!

it reminds me of robinhoods bay (yes, in england) where jason proposed to me on a cold, windy, november evening. :) (yes, he even knelt down in the cold wet sand!) :0