Saturday, October 21, 2006

What, are you stupid or something?


Brian here again with a humorous story from our Battle of Hastings trip that we forgot to mention in the previous post:

Before the battle reenactment, the soldier pictured above with Iain and me was explaining his weapons and armor (or should I say armour?) to some of the visitors. We caught the latter part of his explanation, and when he was done, Jordan asked him if he was a Norman or a Saxon. Before the soldier could answer, a little boy standing next to her, maybe only 6 or 8 years old, looked incredulously at her and asked in all earnestness, "What, don't you know your Normans from your Saxons?!"

I guess not! Where in the world are we from anyway, and have we no education at all?

For the record, he was a Saxon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I could have survived a British education. Most 8 year olds there ARE smarter than I am!!! :) (Yes, I'm a full-grown adult...) ;)

Kilby said...

Gosh, Jordan, how foolish of you. You really need to get that straight. That's about as important as...I dunno...knowing...how to...make a grilled cheese sandwich...without using grape jam...which...the Scots, at least, don't know. But then, the Scots have bats in their belfries, too.