Thursday, November 09, 2006

Living in Thankfulness

Thank you Jesus for my two boys. Both are gifts from God. They are double gifts: gifts that please me and gifts that allow me to serve. The world sees the latter as foolishness. How can it be a gift to serve? But my example is Christ, "who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross."

And I'm thankful for the dear mother-in-christ who reminded me of this today. God is so good. He knows just what we need. And I'm thankful for the dear sisters (especially you grace girls!) who continue to pray for and encourage me.




























"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus..."

Dear Lord, help me to remember this and meditate on this. Preserve me from the temptation of grumbling and selfishness. Forgive me for my discontent and help me to accept each day from Your hand with joy. Help me to see the needs of others and to serve them for Christ's sake. Amen.

8 comments:

Compleat Mom said...

What beautiful boys! And what beautiful photos. Guess we can thank God for cameras as well! The kind that gratify instantly, too! And for the internet. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.

Anonymous said...

Lord, let this be the prayer of my heart as well. Amen

Anonymous said...

amen my dear amen!

Anonymous said...

oh I forgot, I love your new header! very nice indeed :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jordan, you don't know me very well, but our family attends the Beisner's Bible study on Friday. My name is Tina, and I wanted to tell you that your entries are a great encouragement to me, and I look forward to reading it every day and seeing how God is working in your life there. You have a beautiful family!
Love in Christ,
Tina Ortega

SomeOne said...

Your pictures are beautiful!!!

Bless you, dear one, and your two wonderful gifts from God

Jordan said...

Thanks so much! I love you all! Tina, I do remember you-- I had no idea that you read my blog. I'm so often encouraged by reading about others' daily lives too. So glad that you are enjoying reading it. I enjoy writing it.

PS- For anyone who is interested in getting a graphic like the one at the top of my blog, you can by clicking on the "Just Graphics" link on my sidebar. They make signatures for e-mail and bulletin boards using pictures of your family. It's totally free, but you have to create a login. Lots of fun and is finished in just a few days.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I have been "lurking" here for a while. I wandered over from Kilby's blog :):)
Tina