Monday, November 20, 2006

Thanksgiving in the UK















I made these pumpkin pies last night from a real pumpkin! I'm so thrilled that they seem to have turned out well. I was really nervous about it, but it wasn't that much harder than using the canned stuff. I never would have tried this if we were at home, but here they don't have canned pumpkin. And I promised an American Thanksgiving to our friends-- so I gotta serve pumpkin pie! Today's adventure: I'm going on a turkey hunt. Hopefully I can track one down!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! When I first read this I thought you meant you were literally going to "hunt" for a turkey with a gun and everything!! Then I thought, "DUH!!" It does create a funny picture in one's head though!! Hope you find one. Happy Thanksgiving!
Love
Tina

Compleat Mom said...

Oh, MY! I thought making pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin was one of the most inefficient and difficult moments in my cooking history! Seemed to me to take hours of work for not much return. So good for you.

Jordan said...

I just boiled the pumpkin and put in my little baby food processor. Sorry your experience wasn't as good!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm Pumpkin pie, must try that one day :) not an aussie tradition Im afraid - as much as I luv eating pumpkin :)

How'd the turkey hunting go??? ;)