Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What Papa loves most of all


This is whas Papa loves most of all: watching his boy sleep first thing in the morning. I have a bunch of pictures of him from that time of day--Mama doesn't care for them because she can't see much in them, but I love them.

I was thinking as I watched him today about how he gets more and more beautiful as time goes on. I thought he was very beautiful when he was first born, but then when he was a couple months old, I looked back at those first pictures and thought, he's even more beautiful now! And now when I look at pictures from before we moved to England, I can't help but think that he's even more beautiful now. Watching your baby become a little boy is more delightful than I'd ever imagined. I'll enjoy watching him even more, I think, as he transitions from little boy to big boy to young man.

He's waking now! I'd better go change his 'nappy', as they're called here.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ach! It makes my arms ache that I can't hold that little darling. I miss you all.

Anonymous said...

like you, i see the beauty in my little one grow in leaps and bounds day by day... isn't it the most awe-inspiring thing you've ever known? God sure knew how to bless us through parenting, didn't He? And to think he loves to look at us the same way.... WOW! Oh wait... his love is immeasurable in comparison... I'm so amazed by his love.