Thursday, May 03, 2007

Just Thankful

O God beyond all praising,
we worship you today
and sing the love amazing
that songs cannot repay;
for we can only wonder
at every gift you send,
at blessings without number
and mercies without end:
we lift our hearts before you
and wait upon your word,
we honour and adore you,
our great and mighty Lord.


Then hear, O gracious Saviour,
accept the love we bring,
that we may know your favour
may serve you as our king;
and whether our tomorrows
be filled with good or ill,
we'll triumph through our sorrows
and rise to bless you still:
to marvel at your beauty
and glory in your ways,
and make a joyful duty
our sacrifice of praise.

--Michael Perry

Oh Lord, how good you are to me. How richly you have blessed me. How quickly I forget all that you have done for me. Thank you, oh my father. Oh love that will not let me go, how thankful I am to you!

1 comment:

Missy Eagen said...

Amen....