Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Frivolity

It's Friday! Even as a stay at home mom, I love Fridays. I know that we're in for some relaxed time as a family, whether we're off exploring a new part of town, combing yard sales, or just sleeping in and treating ourselves to a box of day old pastries from our local bakery, we're going have a time of rest together. I also try to do some of my best cooking on the weekend, and tonight I'm looking forward to trying this pizza braid that I found on another homemaking blog. It reminds me of the fantastic strombolis we used to get from a pizza place called Vito's in Fort Lauderdale. We spent many meals with friends there. I'm going to pair it with this marinara sauce. I'm excited to try this recipe and I hope it turns out!

I'll spend the day today menu planning, grocery shopping, and cleaning in preparation for the weekend, but it is very happy work.

And just for fun, because it is Friday, I'm going to have a silly little autumn quiz!

1. Thanksgiving or Halloween?
Thanksgiving. That's a fabulous holiday and I'm always disappointed that it gets overshadowed by Christmas.

2. Halloween or Reformation Day?
Halloween. I know it is not the most spiritual answer, but we celebrate fall on Halloween and don't really bother with Reformation Day. We're Presbyterians, so every day is Reformation Day in this house. ;)

3. What's your favorite hot drink?
Well it used to be hot chocolate with nutmeg, but this fall I've discovered spiced chai tea and it is my new favorite!

4. Pumpkin pie or apple pie?
Pumpkin pie. Hands down.

5. If you could go anywhere to see the fall color, where would you go?
Maybe British Columbia? I bet it is awesome up there.

6. What was your most memorable Halloween (or fancy dress) costume?
My mom made me this awesome fairy princess costume one year and it was so pretty. I got to pick out the fabric and everything. It was awesome. But then she made me wear the next year too since it still fit and that wasn't as much fun. (Sorry, mom! What an ungrateful girl!!) I also dressed up one year as a mom and that was a total bust. I carried my Cabbage Patch doll and had a gray wig and a bathrobe. I think people just thought I was a bum.

Happy Friday and Happy Autumn!

3 comments:

heidi jo said...

Nice thoughts. :)

Sidenote on the pizza... if you want to cheat on this one get a frozen roll of dough and let it thaw/raise as directed - roll out and fill the same way you would the homemade version. Use Ragu (or your choice of jar sauce) and other ingredients of choice and bake as bread package suggests. It has been a tasty EASY way for me to make this one. :)

Rachel Boldman said...

Hi Jordan!
You probably don't remember me from Stetson, but I sort-of knew you and Brian through Kim Mantel (now Aldridge)...I found your blog through Brian's facebook page and have loved reading through it. I added you to my blog list on mine.

love
Rachel (Hussey) Boldman

Jordan said...

Hi Rachel!

I'm so sorry to say that I don't remember meeting you, but I'm happy to hear from you! I don't have a great memory and I'm really having a time out here in Idaho with all the new people Brian is working with! I always feel bad when I don't remember somebody. :(

Thanks for posting a comment and saying hello!