Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy birthday, Dad

Brian here again: Today is my Dad's birthday. Someone at work recently asked me who my hero was; I told him it was my Dad. He asked why; I said it was because of his unwavering loyalty to those he loves. I've seen my Dad get figuratively kicked and spat on by the people he loves most. I've even done my share of the kicking and spitting over the years. But my Dad's loyalty is unshakable: no matter how hurt he might be, his love for his family is never diminished in the slightest. He will still fight for them and sacrifice himself for them at any time and at any cost. I need to be a lot more like that.

Here is a picture of four generations of Douglas men on my first Father's Day, just a couple weeks after Iain was born:


Happy birthday, Dad! I love you very much.

1 comment:

Pictoria said...

A precious picture, indeed, Brian, and one you'll treasure I'm sure. It is not every man that can call his father a hero--that is wonderful!