Sunday, October 12, 2008

Walgreens 10/12-10/15

Yes, it is yet another bargain post. I'm so thankful to the Lord for providing what we need, and I'm hopeful that other people can benefit from these great sales too. Technically I got all of this for .84 cents!

I got all of what is pictured above for 18.57 out of pocket, and I'm due to receive an 18.12 credit on my Walgreen's gift card for my next shopping trip! Here is how I did it:

Transaction 1:
3 Kotex products for on sale for $9, with $3 in Register Rewards back. (Register Rewards are a coupons that print out along with your receipt after the transaction is complete.)
Minus $2.00 in coupons from the Sunday paper, but you can also print some from coupons.com.
Total $3.77
I paid that with the credit on Walgreens gift card from last time. Total out of pocket: $0.

Transaction 2:
Buy 4 Dove products receive $3 in Register Rewards.
I bought 2 bars of soap at $1.00 each and 2 deodorants at $2.00 each for a total of $6.
Then I had $1.50 coupon for the deodorants from this Sunday's paper.
So my total came to 4.97, which I again used my gift card to pay for. Total out of pocket: $0.


Transaction 3:
One package of Walgreens diapers on sale for 5.99.
Minus $3.00 Register Rewards Coupon.
Total: $3.35, again paid for by the trusty gift card. Total out of pocket: $0.

Transaction 4:
Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation 7.49 (Free after rebate on Walgreens gift card)
L'Oreal Cleanser Towelettes 7.99 (Free after rebate on Walgreens giftcard)
Minus $1.00 coupon from the beauty counter in store.
Parsley .50 Cinnamon .50 using 2/$1 coupon in Walgreens ad
Pert Shampoo 3.49, minus 2.50 EasySaver coupon, and $1.00 coupon from the paper, free
Candle $4.00, no coupons, just a blessing for me and my family to enjoy
Hershey's candy, .39 each using Walgreens coupon (I had another coupon, but I forgot to use it!)
Arm & Hammer detergent, $2.99, minus $1 rebate and $1.00 coupon, .99 cents.
Minus $3.00 Register Rewards coupon and .39 remaining on the gift card. Total out of pocket 18.96, 18.12 in rebates to be credited to my gift card.

3 comments:

Melissa :) said...

This is unbelievable! You are doing super! What an inspiration. :)

Thanks SO much for the tips! Now I need to get busy! :)

Kristy said...

This may sound stupid..but.. rebates are money the manufacurer sends back to you in the mail right? The rewards card is the walgreens gift card? circle yes or no :P and..do how do you know what qualifies as for the rewards? Do you wait to send in rebates reciepts until you have quite a few,or whenever you get them? ok..probably should have read your recent post..gonna go do that now.

Jordan said...

Thanks Melissa!

Kristy, you don't sound stupid. These crazy store programs are confusing! I think they keep em that way so that they are mobbed by people getting such good deals. Who knows?

Anyway, the rebates that I'm talking about are store rebates, not manufacturer's rebates. You can get them in a check from Walgreens, or you can get them put onto a gift card. They give you a little bit more back on the card and it is quicker, so I use the gift card.

Every month Walgreens puts out a little booklet with coupons and rebates in addition to the sales in their regular ad. It is called the Easy Saver catalog and you can find it in the front of the store. That will tell you what you can get rebates on. Those websites I listed will also tell you what's free after rebate and help you to combine coupons with sales and rebate offers to get stuff super cheap.

Hope that makes sense. If not, say so and we can chat more about it. I would love it if I could help you get some good deals too.