Friday, March 11, 2005

Crazy Ideas

Where does this stuff come from?

I submitted an article about my infertility experience and hope in Christ to Family Reformation. It is extremely unlikely that they will publish it, but I just discovered this magazine and I really love it. It is written from a covenantal, reformed perspective and it is a magazine about the practicalities and spritualities of family life. As soon as we can scrape up some money, I'm going to subscribe to it. (We have everything we need, but we just don't have a lot left over after that.)

The other idea is too crazy to tell anyone about, but it is a unique form of outreach that struck me the other day and my husband and I are still thinking about it. It is something that only prospective adoptive parents could do, but we're not sure if it is something that we should do yet. I'm not trying to be mysterious, but we need prayer that we would have wisdom in making this decision.

This week has been difficult for me physically and emotionally. I wish 'godliness with contentment' was a little easier to attain. I guess that isn't a very content sentence! It is comforting to know that I'm learning some things through all this stuff. Several weeks ago a lady I know ended up in the hospital after having a high blood pressure episode. The attack left her eye damaged and now she can't see out of it. When I visited her in the hospital, my heart was moved to much greater compassion and sorrow for her because of the experience of pain in my life. I think of her more and pray for her more than I would have because I see in her pain a flash of recognition of myself. What she is going through is completely different, but like alumni from the same school, I feel a kinship with her. I hope that these lessons will serve me throughout my life to make me more compassionate, patient, and quick to pray. I know that I should be happy that God is still working on me through pain because I keep saying I want more of these things. Well, I'm not there yet, but maybe someday I will be. May the Lord guide your steps today in whatever you do, and mine too, that we may love and serve Him better.

No comments: