Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Getting closer...

It seems to be pretty much everyone's opinion that this baby is not going to be a June bug, but a May baby. I haven't started to dilate yet, but the baby is very low and head down, and I've started having some contractions. I have all kinds of symptoms that What to Expect lists under "Pre-labor". I know that this means nothing in terms of when I might actually begin labor naturally, but because of all these things and the fact that Iain has consistently measured big on all his ultrasounds, I think they will be inclined to induce this little guy early. Anytime after graduation is fine with me.

Speaking of graduation, today is Brian's last day of classes at Knox ever. Amazing. We both have some exams to take, but then we're done. The LORD has been so gracious to us these past 5 years. We have learned and grown and loved and been loved SO much. I have a hard time imagining that there could be a better time in my life then these years have been. I can't even begin to put my thoughts and feelings into words about this change in our lives. It's really funny, because a few months ago, I was really stressed about leaving and our future and our house being up for sale, and the baby coming... I was one big ball of worry. And now I'm not. I still worry sometimes, but not to the daily gut-wrenching degree that I was, praise God.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Yay for Knox, Yay for Knox, Yay for Knox. Yay for finishing classes, and yay for moving on. But Yay for Knox most of all.

That is all....

Susan said...

Oh, and Yay for Iain, too.

SomeOne said...

And Yay for God's peace in the face of a labyrinthine future.

SomeOne said...

I made that word up, by the way. Or at least I think I did. Maybe someone beat me to it.

I can empathize with the gut-wrenching worry, and I, too, am learning this lesson of faith in God during the transitions of life.

Bethel said...

May we see another picture of you before this baby comes, please? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Congrats!! I hope everything goes well for you and the baby--I would like to keep you in prayer.