Monday, May 15, 2006

Holy chubby baby, Batman!

I just got back from my last (hopefully!) ultrasound and they are estimating that Iain currently weighs 8lbs!!! He could potentially gain another POUND before he is born! I'm glad he is healthy, but I'm really hoping that he comes soon now. Anytime after this weekend is fine by me. I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'm really curious to see what he is going to say...

In other news, I have officially completed all my course requirements. I'm done! Woohoo! Now all the people who told me it was worth it to finish this degree and that I could do it can take a moment to pat themselves on the back. Graduation is this Friday and I'm starting to get excited about that, despite the wierd dreams. :) I tried on my robe and it does fit, so that's good!

I can't believe that I'm going have a baby in the house in another 2-3 weeks. I think he's going to come the last week in May. We'll see!

5 comments:

Kilby said...

That's so exciting. And what's up with not posting for so long that I almost dump your blog, and then posting so much that I actually have to settle down and read it???

Susan said...

Ah! It's SO SO SO exciting! I'm giddy! Hopefully see you Thursday.... I may stop by. Otherwise, Friday. Just don't have that baby before I see you again. And I need to deliver my gift to you. I just finished it. :)

Bethel said...

Yikes! At Caleb's ultrasound at week 37, he was estimated to be 6 pounds 14 ounces... and he came out at 8 pounds... sounds like Iain is going to be a big boy! How exciting! (BTW, please don't forget to take another picture- and post it- before he arrives!)

Doni Brinkman said...

They told me the same 8 pound bologna with Tanner at my last ultrasound and he was born the next week at 9 pounds 11 ounces!!! He came c-section. P.S. MANY snowflake babies arrived via c-section. Weird. Hoping you don't have to go there!

Jordan said...

Ack! :) I'm really hoping not to go the c-section route, but at this point I just want him to hurry up and get here! The doctor says he will start the induction as soon as I start to dilate (sorry if that is more than you wanted to know!). So I'm praying that starts soon.